1. DEFINITIONS :
- Affiliates: An "affiliate" is any company that is controlled by or under common control with Kantipur TV.
- Cookie: A “cookie” is a small piece of information that we use to assign each visitor’s computer a unique, random numerical identification code that resides in a designated file on his or her computer.
- Device Identifiers: Device identifiers are strings of letters and numbers that can be used to distinguish one device from other devices.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to user's computer whenever they access the Internet, which web servers use to identify where to send the information user's computer requests.
- Personally-Identifying Information (PII): Personal information is information that identifies a specific person. It includes name, address, telephone number, email address, payment card number, and government-issued identification number.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-personally identifiable information is every kind of information except for personal information.
2. GENERAL :
2.1 The website 'kantipurtv.com' is an online news platform solely owned, maintained and operated by Kantipur Television Network Pvt. Ltd. (Hereinafter referred as KTV). KTV has received all the necessary permissions and registration at relevant government agencies of Nepal.
2.2 This Policy applies to the kantipurtv.com and the services that link to or refer to the news site. This policy also applies to any other affiliate websites, mobile device, mobile apps, digital services, applications or other online services and anything else that links to or refers to this policy.
2.4 This Policy does not apply to any third party sites, apps or devices. YOU are personally responsible for the use of such services or links.
2.5 All the services provided through this site and affiliate is refereed as "Services" at appropriate place. As used herein, “we,” “us” and “our” refers to Kantipur Television Network Pvt. Ltd. (KTV) and its Affiliates. Any individual accessing or using 'Services' is referred as 'You' or 'User'.
3. DEEMED ACCEPTANCE :
4. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT :
4.1 We may collect YOUR Personal Information to enhance OUR services to YOU. We
4.1.2 Personally-Identifying Information (PII) of Children: KTV is highly sensitive and aware on personal information of child. KTV does not collect or solicit PII from or about children under the age of 18, knowingly. YOU are responsible to certify yourself that YOU are at least 18 years of age. If we discover that we have received any information from or about a child under 18 in violation of this statement, we will delete that information as per the law.
4.1.3 Non-Personally Identifying Information (NPII): We may collect certain NPII through our website or services as follows :
- Cookies : We may collect cookies and use information to recognize your browser when you visit the Services next time. We may link the cookie to PII you submit or other information we collect.
- Third Party Cookies: A third-party cookie is one that has been “created by a website with a domain name other than the one the user is currently visiting”.
- Log Files: We may use programs that collect information about log files, including browser types, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), referring/exit pages, platform types, date/time stamps, number of clicks, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Automatically Collected Information : We may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services like network or IP address and type of browser, the type of operating system, the name of ISP and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services you have visited, Services visited before and after you visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service, location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
- Geo-location Information : We may ask you, if you are accessing the service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, to share your precise geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our Services or on other Services, when we work with a Partner such as a third party mobile ad platform.
- Information Collected By and From Social Media Services and Other Third Party Platforms: KTV enhances its services through various Social Media accounts or similar third party platforms such as Facebook, or other third-party social media plug-ins, integrations and applications. When you engage with our content on or through social media services or other third party platforms, plug-ins, integrations or applications, you may allow us to have access to certain Information in your profile. This may include your name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, location, an ID associated with the applicable third party platform or social media account user files, like photos and videos, your list of friends or connections, people you follow and/or who follow you, or your posts or "likes."
5. WHAT WE DO WITH INFORMATION COLLECTED
5.3 Customizing Content, Advertising and Offers: We may use information collected from cookies and other technology to recognize your browser when you visit the Service and to attempt to personalize the Service for each user, to sequence ads and offers in a series, and to track page usage and paths. We may also use collected information to allow editorial content and/or advertising on the Services to be targeted to groups of users for whom it is most pertinent. This means that users see editorial content and/or advertising most likely to interest them. In connection with these uses, we may disclose information to third parties.
5.5 Statistical Analysis: We may use collected information to create aggregate statistics about activity on and visitors to the Services, including the number of return visits to the Services or our advertisers’ websites, the number of unique visitors that have viewed or “clicked” a particular ad or visited a particular web page and how much time is spent on each page of the Services.
5.6 Authorized Purposes and Special Offers: PII that you submit, on your own, may be used for the purposes authorized when it was submitted. You may pick and choose which email newsletters you wish to receive (including not to receive any email newsletters) by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included on the bottom of every email newsletter you receive from us.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION :
We may disclose collected information in the good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or when doing so is reasonably necessary to:
7. THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CONTENT :
7.1 During your visit to the Services you may view as part of a frame that includes our content, certain content and websites that are actually created, operated, owned and/or hosted by a third party or third parties. You may also see links on the Services to other websites.
7.2 We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing PII. In addition, certain sections of the Services may have their own, specialized privacy policies, may be because they are part of a social network or hosted by a third party. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those sections and/or of such social networks.
8 . DATA SECURITY :
8.1 We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
8.2 As effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
8.4 We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
9. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Linked Services: Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services' privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- International Transfer: This Service is governed by and operated in accordance with laws of Nepal. If you are located outside of the Nepal, your Information will be transferred to and processed in the Nepal where many of our central databases operate or any other jurisdiction from where our service is operated. If you are residing in European Union (EU) jurisdiction, we declare that we comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you have any more questions write to :
Kantipur Complex, Subidhanagar
+977-01-5135050/ 063/ 068
Last Updated September 04, 2019